Join Our Team as an Aquatics Coordinator!
Work on a Great Team with a Lifesaving Mission!
Potential for Future Leadership Positions.
We’ll be accepting applicants until
May 31, 2023.
Please apply prior to this closing date to be considered for this role.
HIRING LOCATION: Newport, Vermont
COMPENSATION: Annual Salary $30,000/Year + Benefits listed below
Do you have a passion for working with children?
Do you have a keen eye for improving programming?
Are you looking for a fulfilling job & want to make a difference in your community?
About The Position:
Aquatics Coordinator will work closely with our organization’s Leadership Team to assist in planning, developing, coordinating, and executing current and future aquatic programs, including learn-to-swim and aquatic training programs.
To apply, we require a letter of interest/cover letter and resume to be submitted with your application. Resumes sent alone will not be considered.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- a resourcefulness work ethic & growth mindset
- a keen eye for recognizing areas of strength and areas of improvement within program development
- a desire to work collaboratively with like-minded team members to make a difference in our communities
- a warm, nurturing, yet energetic personality that builds authentic positive relationships with people quickly
- a willingness to learn and grow as a part of a founding team
key responsibilities & DUTIES you would have in this position:
- Develop new and expand existing aquatic programs
- Create and post schedules for aquatic programs, including learn-to-swim and aquatic training
- Maintain organization’s aquatic software programs
- Communicate & collaborate accordingly with the leadership team, facility directors, and instructors
- Manage a team of instructors
- Facilitate Quarterly & Annual Instructor Reviews
- Teach American Red Cross Swim Lessons when needed
- Collaborate with Team Members to promote aquatic programs
- Answer questions about programming from clients and the public
- Process registration for programs and communicate with instructors as needed
- Prepare and discuss requested reports at leadership meetings
- Attend all team meetings and professional development
- Complete these duties and other duties as assigned in a professional and respectful manner
The Aquatic Connection, LLC is a Vermont-based company, in seek of an Aquatics Coordinator for the Northeast Kingdom Region. There are some travel requirements listed below.
- Annual Salary: $30,000/year
- Benefits include:
- Paid sick time
- Flexible schedule
- Part-Time Work-From-Home; Part-Time Work-From-Site
- Bonuses & commissions for achieving goals
- Approved travel expenses paid by Company
- Reimbursements for approved expenses listed in the employee contract
- Must be at least 21 years old
- HS Diploma or equivalence is required
- At least two years experience of working in aquatics/programming development is preferred
- At least two years of customer service experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Hold or be willing to obtain a valid American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding/ CPR/ AED/ First Aid Certification
- Hold or be willing to obtain a valid American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Be able to climb in and out of a pool
- Ability to teach for a 4-8 hour day
- Ability to react to emergency situations by quick movements, strenuous activity, and on occasion, assist or lift persons in distress of varying weights
- Required to remain alert to dangerous situations while sitting, standing, or walking for various lengths of time
- Must have reliable transportation
- Spring/Summer – Travel to Organization’s Locations around NEK
- May be requested to travel with CEO for large projects
Does this position peak your interest, yet?
THIS POSITION IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE…
- Great communicator
- Fast implementer & self-starter
- Dependable & trustworthy
- Detail-oriented & hold high-standards
- Receptive to feedback and continuously looking to grow within our organization
- Passion for providing a great customer experience and establishing impactful programs for children
THIS POSITION IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE…
- Someone who already has a lot going on and doesn’t have time to commit to training during the busy season.
- Someone who needs a lot of direction and support.
- Someone who isn’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Someone who wants to be an entrepreneur and grow their own business. This position is for someone who is looking to grow with this company.
- Someone who is not open to receiving and providing feedback to support the team and company.
- Someone who doesn’t enjoy working with children and families.
- Someone who has no swimming background.
- Someone who is looking for a 9-5 job.
About The Aquatic Connection, LLC:
The Aquatic Connection (TAC), LLC, specializes in lifeguard & swim instructor training and learn-to-swim education. Based in Vermont, TAC’s family of corporations includes:
The Aquatic Training Academy (ATA), an American Red Cross licensed provider of lifeguarding & instructor certifications, delivers on-site instruction for public organizations & private businesses nationwide by providing interactive curriculum at employers’ locations— from open water sites & camps to indoor facilities— ATA creates an efficient, in-depth, reality-based educational experience for aquatic professionals.
Teach America To Swim (TATS) Kids’ Swim School offers swim lessons in VT at private & public locations throughout VT for children ages 2-13 years.
At The Aquatic Connection, we believe everyone should be water competent and know how to stay safe in, on, and around the water. Our mission is to raise awareness and educate communities across America about the importance of water safety and lifesaving skills by establishing new and enhancing current aquatic programming, providing essential training and professional development for aquatic professionals, creating a community of aquatic training professionals, and developing education programs for parents and community leaders.
We strive to:
- Create a learning environment that promotes safety
- Educate our communities and value their partnership
- Share our joy and passion for swimming
- Embrace Feedback, as it’s a gift
- Celebrate wins
The Aquatic Connection, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected under the law.
ARE YOU A FIT?
Have you performed duties similar to some or all of the above?
If so, you may be our ideal candidate for this role!
If you apply for this position without experience in all the areas above, don’t worry. We are willing to train the right candidate on these skills as long as they have a solid understanding of program development and customer service. Please mention your applicable skills in your letter of interest and exactly why YOU are a fit for the role!
Now, what you have been waiting for – pay! This position starts at $30,000/year. Higher pay depends on experience and qualifications, as this posting outlines. Please do not apply if this is not the starting pay you are seeking.
Reminder: This position closes on May 31, 2023.
To apply, please fill out the job application and attach a letter of interest and resume to be considered. Resumes sent alone will not be considered.