Training Location Address:
748 Hamilton Road
Becket, MA 01223
Water Safety Instructor Training
Blended Learning Water Safety Instructor Training Course:
The American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to plan, prepare, and teach Red Cross Learn-To-Swim and Water Safety programs. The course focuses on:
- Teaching water safety concepts and swimming progressions
- Lesson planning and management strategies
- Best-practice teaching methods for all swimmers
- Techniques for building relationships with families
Prerequisites for In-Person Training:
- Be at least 16 years old by the last day of the course
- Pass and complete eLearning
- Pass swim skills evaluation:
- Successful completion of swimming skills including swimming 25 yards (1 pool lap) of front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, and 15 yards of butterfly
- Floating on back for one minute
- Treading water for one minute
2022 Training at Camp Becket
WSI Training at Camp Becket consists of online and in-person training. To obtain your WSI certification it is required that you attend all three scheduled training dates. You will receive an email from your instructor with more information about your course as we get closer to training.
In-Person Training Information:
Monday, May 30th, 2022
Tuesday, May 31st, 2022
Wednesday, June 1st, 2022
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Keep in mind In-person training dates will be mostly water training days help at camp.
To register for training click the word “ENROLL” below.
For camp staff, please click the “staff registration” button below.